Friday, January 9, 2009

My Step-Dad

So, they took him off of the ventilator. He is doing good physical health wise. Mental health, Now that's a different story.

The first time I saw him after the vent was out, he mouthed to me, "Get me the F*** out of here" Ok, at least I know he's getting better? He then proceeded to ask me, no beg me, for the scissors so he could cut off the restraints and the tubes. Sorry Jeff, I cannot help you out of here. They are not here to poison or hurt you but to help you.

Today he proceeded to point out the dead head wrapped in plastic wrap by the window. no Jeff, it's just a chair, I think you are cut off from watching CSI while still in the Icu. I told him I had to go and that I would be back for the next visit. He then tells me not to come back until I can bring him scissors. Whatever Jeff, I love you too, Don't worry, this is for your own good;)


3 comments:

Lo said...

OMG! This Sounds EXACTLY like my mother-in-love in the ICU! "Take me home" she whispered in that horrible post ventilator voice! And then as soon as they took off the restraints, she pulled out every tube they had in her! I'm glad to hear he's doing better. I'm still thinking about you all the time!

Lo said...

I meant to also put he sounds feisty and like a fighter. Tell him I'm sending him a get well card from my heart!

Emma said...

I'm glad he's doing better! it sounds like things are starting to turn around for you a bit? thank goodness girl! you need a break from all the crap thats been thrown at you!

 

Made by Lena